WHAT IS LEAN?
Whether you produce a product or provide a service, lean methodology
will help you.
- Henry Ford defined the lean concept in one sentence: “We will not put into
our establishment anything that is useless.” (American Society For Quality)
- Lean leverages many tools and techniques that differ depending on
industry and application. However, they have the same underlying goal:
the elimination of all non-value-adding activities and waste from the
- Lean emphasizes eliminating non-value added activities (waste) while
delivering quality products on time at least cost with greater efficiency.
(environmental Protection Agency)
LEAN methodology looks to identify and eliminate the following 7 areas of waste:
- Over processing
WHAT IS SIX SIGMA?
What is Six Sigma? 6
It is all about quality!
The American Society for Quality states: according to Philip Crosby, it means “conformance to requirements.”
The customer defines what quality is.
A customer can be your someone internal such as a manager or a CEO or external such as a client.
Customers receive a product or a service and the have expectations and requirements that define quality.
Variation is the Problem
Variation is the enemy of quality! Poor quality costs time and money. The customer does not get what they need.
The Solution is Six Sigma!
Six sigma methodology works to reduce variation.
Generating more of what the internal or external customer expects.
- a measure of quality that strives for near perfection.
- The ultimate goal is to improve quality.
- When you improve quality you are going to reduce cost and increase profit.
Six Sigma is the data-driven and scientific approach and methodology for:
- Reducing variation.
- Eliminating defects (driving toward six standard deviations between the mean and the nearest specification limit) in any process – from manufacturing to transactional and from product to service
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED LEAN SIX SIGMA WHITE BELT?
A Certified Lean Six Sigma White Belt is an individual that has received the training from our academy and has a demonstrated understanding of the first level of Lean Six Sigma Methodology.
- This person has shown the interest to begin investigating the pursuit of excellence.
- They have demonstrated that they have the necessary training to begin to critically look for opportunities for improvement.
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED LEAN SIX SIGMA YELLOW BELT?
A Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is a professional who is taking
process improvement and the pursuit of excellence to the next level.
- They are looking to learn proven tools and techniques to make a
- They will be able to lead limited improvement initiatives and support larger
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED LEAN SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT?
The Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is a unique professional who will have a rare view to
critically evaluate situations and problems and identify creative and scientific solutions.
• They are able to lead medium size improvement projects and they are valuable members
of teams involved in larger projects.
- The Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt will be trained in the fundamental process/quality
improvement project life cycle.
- They will deeply dive into the gold standard phases Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED LEAN SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT?
The Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a rare and valuable asset to any organization.
They are the subject matter experts in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology.
- This professional has a deep understanding of the process/quality improvement life cycle.
They are able to gather, analyze, and utilize data to gain valuable insights and make data
- They are capable of leading teams through all the phases of Define, Measure, Analyze,
Improve and Control (DMAIC).
- In addition to being a high performing coach and mentor to green, yellow, and white belts
during improvement initiatives, they are able to successfully complete complex
WHY TAKE THese COURSEs?
As a result of these courses you will:
- Be immersed in the world of process and
- You will learn the basic and advanced tools needed for
process and quality improvement.
- You will have a lens for identifying processes and products
that can be improved.
- You will also have the mindset and skills for identifying solutions for
- You will have the tools to solve these problems.
- YOU WILL BE A VALUABLE PROBLEM SOLVER!